Click here to submit your abstract
The 48th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Immunology invite abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations over the themes below.
- APC & DC biology
- Clinical immunology
- Cytokines & chemokines
- Immunology education
- Infection & immunity
- Innate immunity
- Lymphocyte biology
- Mucosal immunology
- Stromal immunology
- Systems & computational immunology
- The immunomicrobiome
- Tumor immunology
- Vaccines & immunotherapy
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by midnight ACST Friday 30 August 2019. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the presenting author has registered and paid by the presenter registration deadline which is midnight ACST Friday 4 October 2019.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for ASI2019 should be emailed to email@example.com
||3 May 2019
|Abstract submission closes
||30 August 2019
|Authors notified of results
||27 September 2019
|Presenter deadline to register
||4 October 2019
Abstracts may be submitted for one of the following presentation types:
- Oral: A spoken presentation, including introduction, question, and answer time. Presenters display the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Poster: Each poster will be allocated a poster board number and authors must create an A0 size (maximum of 841 mm (width) x 1189 mm (height)), portrait static poster. Authors will be asked to display their posters on the day of their designated poster session.
Whilst every effort will be made to accept an abstract for the presentation type selected in the submission process, the Committee reserves the right to allocate a different presentation type if more appropriate and if program space is limited.
Abstract Submission Details
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author via the abstract submission portal
- Abstract title and author information is not to be included in the body of the abstract
- You will be asked to enter: Name, address and contact details of presenting author, and name/s of all author/s, affiliation/s of all author/s
- All abstracts and presentations must be submitted in English
- Abstracts must not exceed 250 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations) and follow the instructions within the abstract submission portal
- Make the title of the abstract brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation and outlining the background, aims and content of the presentation
- Multiple abstract submissions are permitted
- Commercial presentations are not permitted
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- Abstracts should not contain any tables, figures or pictures
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact may be reproduced in ASM publications as typed by the author
- Abbreviations: Standard abbreviations may be used. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full wording at the first instance it appears in the body of the text
- There can be up to two references in the body of the abstract. References should be numbered consecutively in the text and listed at the end according to the following style: 1. Locard E. Rev Int Crim, 1929; 1:176-249
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight ACST Friday 30 August 2019, for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by Friday 27 September 2019, including the presentation type it has been accepted for.
- For an abstract to be formally accepted, included in the program, the presenting author must be registered to attend the Meeting by midnight ACST Friday 4 October 2019.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in ASI2019.
- Lodgement of an abstract acknowledges your consent to publication of the abstract in ASM publications (hard copy or electronic) provided to all delegates (if accepted)
- Presenters will be required to fund their travel, accommodation and registration costs
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to ASI2019
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session
- The presenting author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The presenting author will immediately notify the ASI2019 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author changes.
- Submission of the contact details provided are those of the presenter of the abstract. He/she will be notified about the status of the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes consent of all authors of the abstract to publication (e.g, ASI2019 website, programs and other promotions).
- All authors of the abstract warrant and represent that they either are the sole owners of, or have all necessary rights to sublicense all the information and content in the abstract provided to ASI2019 and its organisers, and that publication of the abstract does not infringe any rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, or of any third parties.
- All authors of the abstract grant ASI2019 a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute and display the abstract.
- All authors of the abstract grant exclusive permission to ASI2019 to record the audio and video portion, if any, of the abstract presentation at the Meeting and to collect and retain all revenues from all rebroadcasts (including web broadcasts), sales and publications of such recordings.
- ASI2019 reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.
Abstracts will be evaluated based on the information included in the abstract. Abstracts need to be based on available data. Statements such as “data will be available at the meeting” will typically lead to rejection of an abstract.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed using a standardised abstract review scoring system, and this process will be managed by the Scientific Committee.
Accepted abstracts will be selected by the Organising Committee for an oral presentation or for presentation during a poster session. Authors will be invited to indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation however the final decision on presentation format will be made by the scientific committee.
Please direct all abstract submission enquiries to:
ASI2019 Meeting Secretariat
Siobhan Jensen - ICMS Australasia
PO Box 5005
South Melbourne, VIC 3205
P: +61 (0) 3 9682 0500